BCA LB-100 WCA ON-00755 activation team:
We will be using my call ON5BWE\p during this activation.
QSL via via bureau to home call ON5BWE.
Date 22/06/2013 starting around 06u00 local time on 80m SSB and going to 40m and higher acording the conditions.
Neo-Flamish renaissance castle with castle park in country style, designed by Josse Schadde from 1879. The castle, has service buildings designed of Saintenoy. The old castle, of which the site remained closed to north of the present building, functioned as a complex with courtyard and three towers with neerhof. In 1879-1884 on the southwest side of the old site, a new castle with landscaped park was built on demand of Theodore Ernest the Pitteurs-Hiegaerts (1835-1903). The castle was affected by a fire in 1938, but in 1941 rebuilt. With brick mortar and white stone. You can reorganize cornerstones, frames of doors and windows, balconies, cornices and base. The Castle has two levels on an elevated basement, under slate roof with dormer window, this replaces the sharp and high gable roof, with monumental chimney and room has a view over, finished with battlements. The proud tower in the northeast corner and the lower tower in the south facade remained. The winter garden, a beautiful construction with brick structure, slate roof and fully glazed facade with probably cast iron columns, was not rebuilt. The east facade was transformed to the main façade of the castle, broad access ladder with platform to porch of three traveeën with arches, square columns with renaissance decoration elements, with balusterbalcony. The platform, secured with wrought iron fence with curve evolution, anchored in the colon shaped bases with a sphere, which carry two lanterns of cast iron. In the medallion of the gate the initials of the architects Pitteurs Hiegaerts badge 'HP' as processed. The-gabled wall of the south facadehouse in renaissance style was spared from any fire damage.The fenestron hardening at the foot of the castle dates back probably of the reconstruction. Service buildings in neo Flamish renaissance style. The east wing contains the gate to a stone-paved alleys courtyard around which the appurtenances with service buildings, stables, workshops and a carriage house are. In the wooden awning above the door in the north facade of the northern wing the number 1882 and the badge HP are engraved. Brick buildings with picturaal use of natural stone. The carriage house has three ports and is finished with a double brick tooth bars with drop motif and has a high shield roof and a wooden splash screen. We believe to recognize in the design of the canopy, the monograms of the digits of the built in the hand of Paul Saintenoy The map of the Dépôt la guerre (1886) shows the old court next to the new castle. The tight old bank was now toward the west to an elongated pond, with a bridge and a path that went crossed the meesterpat of the new vegetable garden. This was walled and on the fourth side bounded by the western arm of the old U-shaped bank. In addition you could find the presence of the ice house (still existing) and a conservatory or pavilion. The park consisted of pastures with trees, bent lanes and a view to the southeast. On the military map of 1934 the cultivation of the old court completely disappeared, the connection between pond and old bank is muted, the map of the new castle and the properties and even the path pattern in the park were changed. Recent access replaces older motor access. The country road leading to the site of the former, now disappeared castle ,now meadow, can be recognizes on the card of 1896. Now we can still find a remainder of a brick pillar. The current elongated landscaped park with extensive ponds is well preserved. The remaining L-shaped arm of the bank of the old castle is integrated in the drainage system. The northern arm was muted. Central meadows with tree wall on the edge, two avenues of oak with orchards south and the park. This 'Natural' foliage corridor served as a covered walk around the pond.The southern lawn is today orchard. The park exhibits expressed design qualities so that we may ask whether it is not the basis of Fuchs. Naturalized vegetable garden dates from the construction of the castle, has high brick wall, whitewashed and finished with a tooth bars. Each of the three sides has a gate. The wrought-iron gates are enclosed between square wall colons. The gates have square styles, under-, between-, and double rules and are awarded with a acanthus knob. The round small bars are trimmed and pointed. The fourth side is bounded by the retain western arm of the L-shaped old castle wall. A part of an old stone Right from the second world war, is located in the garden of the castle and is derived from a German tomb stone.